Saturday 22 November 2008

Totally Ignoring My Blog !!!

Oh well ,,,, I have been in this country for TWO WHOLE months now - and I haven't blogged anything except for the detailed description of my first day! Shame on me!!!! :$
Sometimes I feel like I have been here for much longer than two months even though at other times I still feel like a stranger in a foreign country. Sometimes when I wake up and for the first two minutes I think that I am in my bed at home but then I realize that I am in my dorm room and not at home. It is probably the smell. I realised this a couple of days ago. My dorm room doesn't smell like home and my bed here doesn't smell like my bed at home. I should probably call Mom and ask her what washing powder she uses so I can use the same one :) The city also doesn't smell like Beirut (OK so it much less poluted hehehe) but I have really missed the smell of rain in Beirut (not the flooded streets though) - I don't know if it is only me; but I think that the smell of rain falling on Beirut is different than the smell of rain here (I am not weird, really. hehehe).The other time in which I feel like a complete stranger is when riding in George's car, especially if it is dark. Not recognizing the roads and not knowing where we are heading really depresses me. I think I have to wait some more time to get past this feeling.
On a more cheerful note, the city is lovely. I love the view outside my room window and I enjoy walking to uni in the morning. The weird thing is that there are no tall buildings here. I feel like I live in some village because all the buildings are small (except for malls and uni buildings DUH) and all the houses are so small!!!!!
Going back to the topic of me TOTALLY ignoring my blog after bugging everyone at home to check it as often as they can - ehem .... well, I have been busy - OK OK not too busy to blog if I was perfectly capable to facebook as well .... but hey I did email you a lot of pictures .... :$
OK, moving on, I will try to blog as much as I can and if possible also write about some of the events that took place in the last few months and write a bit about my friends and flatmates .... is that better? :D

No comments:

Labels