Friday 28 November 2008

My Bad Luck :(

In case you haven't noticed my current facebook status, i have managed to - unintentionally of course - get my laptop's screen broken :( I am so sad at the moment ... it is inconvenient to say the least ... I have so much work to do and not having a fully-functional laptop is the most hindering obstacle one can ever face.
I was thinking about solutions to my problem and I have the following options:
1. Send it to the shop to get it fixed - this is impossible as I will have to wait at least a couple of weeks before I get it back and I can't survive without it for half a day - let alone for a few weeks. OK, so I may sound like I am dramatizing things; and I know that it is not the oxygen I breathe - but for a student - for a uni student - for an MSc student - for a computer science MSc student one's laptop is indeed as important as oxygen.
2. Get a spare one temporarily and send the laptop to the shop (or to Lebanon as my brother suggested) to get it fixed. This option is more desirable than the previous one. However, it is still inconvenient as all my programs are already installed on this laptop and all my files and data are on this laptop and a transition is just a pain in the neck
3. Go to the computer science computer lab and hook my laptop to a monitor and use it. This is actually where I am currently. This is one of the good solutions however the lab is always crowded and it has strict opening and closing times. AND, I have to leave the comfort of my room to go to the lab and stay there and can't go back to the dorms till I have finished working for the day. Or, whenever I need a break or need to grab something to eat I have to carry all my stuff back to the dorms and then back here again - sounds like torture :(
4. Buy a monitor and hook my laptop to the monitor...this is the most convenient solution - however I need at least 100 quid (i.e. 100 pounds :P ) to pay for the monitor ... any suggestions who I should ask for donations? :D
The more I think about it, the more I like the fourth option. I was thinking that I can get a monitor and use it until the term ends and then I can send the laptop to the shop to get it fixed.
Anyone else has any other solutions ;)
By the way, it is 10:30 PM - security people close the lab at 10:45 - and I have to walk back to the dorms but it is 0C outside - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No comments:

Labels