Saturday 23 January 2010

Christmas Long Weekend - Part II

Christmas long weekend - Part II: Friday December 25th

The night before, Karen and I had to stay up a bit after Bassam and Yorgos left our place to prepare some things. I kneaded the dough for the Manakeesh and Karen prepared the sauce and soaked the chicken for the Tawouk. Karen used a recipe that Bassam's mom sent him. Unfortunately for Karen, she had to use Tandoori spices and the strong smell of these spices stuck on Karen's hands all night.
As for me, I made the classical mistake of mixing the yeast with very hot water. So, the next morning when I woke up I and I discovered that the dough did not rise at ALL :(
Nevertheless, we did enjoy the thick tho nice Manakeesh.


Bassam looks skeptical, but he enjoyed them (plus, where else would he find Manakeesh here?)
yum yum :)


After breakfast, we went out for a walk - and some coffee in the lovely weather :)

We then went to Bassam's place and played Picturemania twice. The first time, Karen and I played against Bassam and Yorgos and we lost 13 - 25 *shame!!!
The second time, Bassam and I played against Karen and Yorgos and we won :D (no picture for the win tho lol)

Afterwards, when we started getting hungry we went back to my place to cook.
Three hours later (mainly because Karen and I did ALL the work - with Yorgos doing the dishes) we had a very lovely meal: Chicken Tawouk, Tabbouleh, Batata 7arra (spicy potatos), and FATAYER :) p.s. these are only 1/3 of the fatayer...I made triple the quantity because Bassam had been nagging for ages for some so I made him some for him to take home later


After the HUGE meal, we danced dabkeh :)
And finally, Karen and Yorgos did the dishes


I couldn't help with the dishes because I had cut my hand (yes, I look horrible I know but I was very late after a very long day!!)

No comments:

Labels