Thursday 4 December 2008

Road Trip to Kent and My New Monitor

NEW MONITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY more like it hehehehe
but we had to drive to Kent to get it!
George was so nice to offer to drive me to Kent to get the new monitor we bought on ebay. We got into the car - loaded it with fuel - and started our trip at 4:45. It took us only 2 hours to get there. Probably because George was driving at an average speed of 100 miles per hour - I didn't mind it but I kept my eyes on the speedometer and the heat-indicator during the whole duration of our trip (talk about bad experiences hehehe). Sheena came along but she slept almost all the time; and when she didn't sleep she was reading in her book (it gets dark after 4:30 so she brought a torch along so she can read in the dark car hehehe)
Although it was really dark, we thought that Rochester, Kent was fancier than Southampton. The houses were bigger and more elegant. It looked nicer because there is a lake with hills surrounding it and the lights shining around the lake were beautiful. We went to the seller's house. His house was overlooking the lake. We tested the monitor, paid him, and left - the whole thing didn't take more than 10 minutes. So, we decided to shop in Kent's ASDA hahaha. I am starting to think we are ASDA addicts :p. We shopped, used the toilet, and were back in the car by 7:55. Off to Southampton - this time with an average speed of 120 mile/hr and with Arabic music playing from my laptop (yeeey). I had to blindly navigate to the music directory because I just can't see anything on the screen! We were back in the dorms at 9:45!!!! I directly hooked up my monitor and was so relieved because I can finally use my laptop properly. The monitor is really BIG and everyone is so jealous hehehe George didn't accept that I pay him for the fuel; so we agreed that I either bail him out of jail or pay for his pizza next time we buy takeaway food hahaha

No comments:

Labels